Tuesday, September 30, 2014

Ready for mLearning?

mLearning you say? Yes. Mobile learning. I don't know of a person 6th grade and above who doesn't have a smartphone or tablet, honestly. Nevermind my personal feelings about it; it's just the reality of our culture. I am on my smartphone numerous times a day for a variety of reasons, so why not bring education in the picture too. Oh wait, it is already! So this week I tried out some HTML5 eLearning authoring tools that I have never heard of or used before. There were so many so I limited to 5 different tools that had differences among each other.

iSpring PRESENTER - I liked this tool because it can be integrated with your Powerpoint (and I love PP) which allows you to create mobile ready presentations, videos lectures, interactive surveys and quizzes.

COMPOSICA - This tool does not require installation of apps or players and can be accessed through desktop or mobile. You can view sample courses and a free trial is offered.

ELUCIDAT - This tool was pretty cool, in my opinion and can be used on any device. You pretty much have control over how you want the course to look and it was fun to do. There is a free trial available.

GOMO LEARNING - This was my favorite and since the website says it better than I can, "HTML5 eLearning tool, where you can create responsive and adaptive content from one single HTML code base, content works automatically on desktops, tablets, and smartphones". There is no software installation, the graphics were beautiful, and it was quite fun. There is a free 21 day trial, but it is a little pricy.

H5P - this tool allows you to create interactive HTML5 content directly in a browser for mobile usage. There are no plugins required and it is absolutely free!

There are still so many more mobile eLearning authoring tools available; which I plan on checking out. What technology has allows us to create and do on our smartphones; is it really used to make "phone calls" anymore?


No comments:

Post a Comment